Join Our Team this Summer with Canada Summer Jobs
Afrotechture is hiring students for the Summer 2022 Season, in partnership with Canada Summer Jobs.
If you are looking for an opportunity to make your mark on a growing company, look no further! If you are a self-starter who is eager to learn and likes interacting with customers, a summer internship at Afrotechture is just the thing for you. All open positions are listed below. Please review the following eligibility criteria before submitting your application:
This position is partially funded by the Canada Summer Jobs program so the student must meet the the following criteria:
- is between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment;
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act*; and
- is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
Please note that International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
We recognize the barriers that Black and racialized youth encounter with respect to hiring and job security, and so Afrotechture will be prioritizing employment opportunities for youth in these designated groups, especially Black and racialized youth.
All set to apply? Put in your application by sending an email with a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
JOB: SALES & MARKETING INTERN
You will be responsible for creating and managing the posting schedule for our web and social platforms. Your role consists primarily of providing excellent customer service at Afrotechture locations and events including product sales, executing transactions and fulfilling orders. In addition, you will support the team on the following activities:
- Update inventory, set up displays at the store and offsite
- Help to ensure that the Afrotechture store and displays remain clean, neat, presentable and organized
- Research trends and suggest ideas on how to implement them to meet our web and social media goals
- Collaborate with management to create compelling content for our social media channels, website and marketing collateral.
- Plan and implement Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Marketing (SEM), and email marketing campaigns
- Draft content for the Afrotechture website, social media channels, email marketing and collateral Monitoring and reporting on the performance
- Draft ads (including defining the target audiences) for our social media